Laurel's Creative Connection

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Alice in Wonderland

This is for sketch 92 posted today on OWH.  I reoriented it 90 degrees.  I used a green paper with gold shimmer as the background and then a layer of black paper embossed with the Tim Holtz clocks folder.  I ran over the embossed surface lightly with gold pigment ink (ColorBox), and didn't worry about hitting every bit of the raised surface since I wanted a somewhat distressed look anyway.  The DP is "Alice's Tea Party" from the Hallowe'en in Wonderland Collection from Graphic 45.  The stamp at the upper right is "Rabbit Serving Tea" from Stamp Francisco.  I inked the edges of the Alice paper with black ink, and the edges of the rabbit image with gold.  Popped up the rabbit with dimensional tape and added some small pearls and gold ribbon.  Although the paper was from a Halloween collection, there are no references to Halloween on the card so it could  be used at other times of the year with an appropriate sentiment inside.  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Love this! I am a big fan of anything "Alice". Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love it! I ordered the clocks folder a few days ago and I've had a sheet of Alice stamps from Stamp Francisco for a few years and haven't really done anything with it. You've enticed me to get them out and see what I can do. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love that Clocks folder, I need to get that one :) Thanks for joining us in the OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurel, What a great card. I just love the look. The ribbon is a nice touch. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurel, this is FABULOUS. My heart belongs to the vintage illustration style! Great job. There's a challenge this wk for Alice cards listed at www.felineplayful.blogspot.com. Have you ever been there? THANKS for buying my book; let me know if you want to mail them to me first for signing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome card, and perfect for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete