Laurel's Creative Connection

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Card for a seamstress

I love this DP so much - very vintage 1940's looking. (Karen Neuburger, "Vintage Floral" from Paper Adventures). I was saving it for just the right occasion, which turned out to be my nephew's wife's birthday. She's a seamstress (designbymar on etsy.com) and enjoys crafts, so I wanted to do something special for her. The deep pink mannequin sticker is from Hambly Studios. I picked up the rubber stamp of the sewing machine at a flea market and don't know who the manufacturer is. I stamped it with sepia ink to keep the vintage feeling. Love my Swiss Dots embossing folder and scallop punch! They see a lot of action! A happy discovery: Spica pens worked well on the butterflies, and a Gelly Roll pen worked well for going over the sentiment - no pooling of ink when I stopped my hand momentarily. I also went over the thread on the sewing machine with a gold Spica pen, which gave it a nice shimmer. I put a white liner inside and stamped a border of faux stitching and buttons. Too bad OWH didn't have a throwdown for feminine cards this week!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment