Laurel's Creative Connection

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Polka Dot Challenge: Jester

This is for the Operation Write Home midweek throw down, which asked us to make a card with polka dots. I started with a black base and decided to use this stamp of a jester (by Rubber Baby Buggy Bumper?), and replicate the alternating dots and diamonds of his costume in the card. I colored him with Copics and put him on bright green paper.  The next size Nestie would have hidden too much of the card, so I just cut my own black background behind the green Nestie shape. I put dimensional tape behind the Nestie shapes and behind the juggling balls. I used an artist's pen to put gold ink on each of the bells on his collar and hat, but that didn't show up well enough so I used small rhinestones and colored them yellow with my Copics. I outlined the collar with a black Spica pen, and finished it all off with a sentiment and ribbon. Perhaps next time I'll try putting the sentiment on the inside so as not to interfere with the harlequin/polka dot symmetry. IRL the polka dot paper looks more purple than blue. After taking this photo I went over the juggling balls with clear-drying glossy dimensional glue, which worked great!

He's a very happy little guy and I enjoyed spending time with him today! Hope you will too! Thanks for stopping by.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Love the sentiment placement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurel this is so cute, I like your polka dots and your layout is fabulous! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete